Monday, September 17, 2007

September Storm Part 5 Sunday


Thankfully morning came at last. It took me a moment to debate wearing my nicer heavier dress or the same, lighter dress from Saturday. The dirty dress won simply because it was cooler. Chef Bray spoiled us with Maine blueberry pancakes. They were awesome! Notice the
black skillet above? It is lovingly called Bertha and has been used to defend the camp again Rebels in the past.

The color guard posted the colors at the crack of dawn Sunday. After breakfast the boys readied themselves for the final battle of the event. "Assault of the Iron Brigade". So once again they geared up and marched out to the battle.

To get to the spectator area it took several minutes to walk. We ended up coming in from the end of the field where the Rebels had thier cannons.

I love this picture showing the both flags and the smoke ....


Rebels falling in battle. Then a final Cannon shot and miraculously they all stood up. Everyone applauded them!

Once the battle was done, we returned to the camp and packed up. It went very quickly. My brother-in-law picked me up and returned me to the RV. I showered, had a snack, then went to sleep for an hour. I was so tired when I woke up I was staggering!

When asked then if I would sleep in a tent again I said "no". But now that time has passed I am already looking forward to my next encampment ~Deb

No comments: