Monday, September 17, 2007

September Storm Part 4 Saturday Night

Ok this was my first night ever in a canvas tent in a field of canvas tents filled with fun loving unwashed re-enactors. So this post will be full of whining and b&tching. If you don’t want to read either, go no further in this post.


I’ve told you about the heat. Did I mention the crickets? Hundreds of crickets, we’re talking plague of crickets all clinging to our tents...beds...floors...oh and my green dress. Twice I dug some out of my dress! By 9:30 at night I had washed up using my new canvas bucket and sat at the opening of my tent, soaking my feet and listening to a rowdy group several camps away singing period songs. They were very good and had I not been so tired I might have joined in.
Marsha and I had a nice chat (though short) and headed for bed. Now if anyone out there thinks that a cot is comfortable to a large person then they are nuts. I couldn’t manage to get comfy and after about an hour gave up and tried my sod cloth on the ground.... it had more room but was ...the hard Maryland ground. I can’t say I did more then doze at best all night and was thankful when 5:30 am came around and I could get dressed. At least my quilt was warm.



1 comment:

Wraithsq said...

Wow, Deb, that is so neat that you reported on your company's Maryland march! I really like seeing and hearing about the other locations where re-enactments take place. Next season I hope me and Dave can expand our horizons!