Monday, September 10, 2007

September Storm Part 1 Friday


Gathering in the hills of Maryland, near Antietam, the Third Maine joined hundreds of reenactors to recreate the battles of South Mountain and Antietam. I arrived Friday, September 7th at around 5 in the evening. Already the mixed camp bustled with activity. Persons from as far away as Oregon where present. Needless to say after setting up my tent...thank you to those kind enough to take care of it for me...I quickly set up the cot and headed with Mrs Cylik to the Sutlers. What an amazing array of products. I visited them several times over the weekend and purchased more then I needed (typical woman??).

Someone told me that there was a civilian meeting at 8 pm. Unaware of the details, Mrs Cylik and I headed to the Civilian camp. There was an amazing tavern set up their by a nice family from Maryland. There we got a itinerary for that area. Upon returning to the Third Maine camp we discovered we went to the wrong meeting! We were suppose to be that the 2nd USV ladies meeting. Oh well....
I left around 9 pm that night and stayed in my sister's RV. Ok I admit it, I was a Ramada Ranger for the weekend. But I am girl how keeps her bedroom at 65 degrees and have a fan running! I still didn't get to bed until almost midnight.

No comments: