Monday, May 5, 2008

Camp Pratt, Farmington Maine



Camp Pratt May 2-4th 2008

Well, for me preparation for Camp Pratt started several days before the event. In April, I purchased a tent from birthday money (Thank you Dad!). So I needed to make tent poles. My Hubby cut them for me (Thank You Honey) and I needed to paint them. Off I went to the paint store and wanted brown paint...Who Knew??? there were so many shades of brown to choose from: Seal brown, Sand, Taupe...All I wanted was mud brown. Thank goodness they had that!

Camp Pratt, My tent's the second from the Right

So I packed the car Friday night and headed for Farmington, Maine at 6:30 Saturday morning. It was misting in Berlin, drizzling in Rumford and continued to do so all weekend!


They southern gentleman were kind enough to set up my tent for me and cart my belongings into camp.

And they cook too! Capt Mike made ribs using his special recipe. Though it was kind of creepy how he treated them with such love.

After a camp fire dinner, they gentleman were kind enough to let me and Miss Sara fire the guns at the Union picket line. It was so much fun trying the guns.

The evening was spent chatting at the camp fire. I headed to the local inn until morning returning to the cold, muddy camp for breakfast and clean up.

So are you saying...Miss Deb, it rained all weekend, how could that be fun? Cause those southern gentleman can keep you entertained with their stories, impersonations and jokes!




No comments: